- Only users with ‘Owner’ or ‘Builder’ status are able to activate Auto Translate features.
- Language selections are on a per project basis, this means that different projects under the same Organization could use different languages. The selected languages for a project can then be enabled/disabled for each individual public board.
Ensure you are logged in to your Zencity Engage account.
Navigate to your project page and select the project that you
want to edit a public board on, click on the ‘Public Board’ tab
and then select the Public Board that you want to edit.
Scroll to the bottom of the public board edit screen where you
will see the ‘Language Options’ heading.
- Note: The languages available here are dependent on what you selected for the Multilingual feature on your Project Overview. You can turn on/off a language option for a public board on an individual basis.
6. If only English is selected (as above) you will not see the Auto
Translate Heading. Select the languages you would like to Auto
Translate to and click 'Save' in the bottom left hand corner.
7. Now the Auto Translate heading should appear.
Note: If the 'Run Auto-Translation' button is faded out (like below) this is because the Public Board needs to be in 'Draft' mode. Change the Status at the bottom of the page under the 'Auto-Translation' section and click 'Save'. You will then see a blue banner with 'Public Board Updated' at the top of the page.
8. When the Status is 'Draft' the 'Run Auto-Translation' button
should be dark blue.
9. At the top of the page you should also see that a grey box with 'Editing Language' with a language and dropdown arrow next to it has appeared. This is where you can select from your chosen languages to manually edit the content on those pages (e.g. if you want to correct something from the auto-translate). If you run auto translation and then edit or add additional content to the English version of your engagement, you will have to rerun auto translation so that the new content is translated into your selected languages.
10. Read through Auto-Translation notes before running the Auto-Translation.
11. When you are ready, click the 'Run Auto-Translation' button and a pop up box will appear asking you to select the languages you want to auto-translate. It will also ask you about Override Existing Translation options. Choose your preferred options, the 'Run-Auto-Translate' button will turn dark blue.
12. Click 'Run Auto-Translate' and a pop up box will appear stating 'Auto-Translate In Progress' and that in a few minutes you will receive an email when it is completed. Click 'Return to Public Board Page' to go back to the Public Board Overview.
13. Click 'Save' if you plan to leave the page. You will receive an email when the Auto-Translation is complete. If there are any words that could not be translated in any of the languages these will be listed in this email next to the specific language. (These may often be city names, numbers etc that do not translate.) Click 'Continue editing' to return to the Idea Board.
14. When you are back on the 'Overview' for the idea board, to
preview the public facing side make sure the idea board status at
the bottom of the page is 'Active', click 'Save' and then when the
'Idea Board Updated Successfully' banner appears at the top click on
'Preview' in the bottom right hand corner. A new tab will open up
with the Idea Board.
15. On the new tab, click on the language option in the top left corner to change language. The default version is in English. Click on the Language Option icon in the top left corner and select a different language, wait one moment and the page will reload with content appearing in your chosen language.
Article is closed for comments.