Zencity’s reporting capabilities allow you to assemble professional reports in just moments about any subject in your dashboard. With several templates available to choose from, you can save time on formatting and quickly export the data of interest in a layout that’s easy to skim and ready to share. Every template is customizable with drag-and-drop editing tools, so you can format the page, add notes, or remove sections to create the report you need.
In this article, we’ll cover the different types of templates that are available and how you can use them to create a report.
Zencity report templates
Currently, there are four Zencity templates available: the Conversation Summary, News Brief, Council Memo, and Social Media Performance Report. We do not yet have templates available for Surveys or Engage, but you may create your own templates or add any data visualizations/widgets you need to any of the Zencity templates.
What’s inside: The primary widgets you see in your organic dashboard, paired with key takeaways from the data.
Great for: Presenting where the resident conversation stands in general, or regarding a specific project that you’re following.
What’s inside: A collection of online news publications and broadcast media mentions, drawn from your general dashboard or a specific project or topic.
Great for: Reviewing how a specific topic or project is being discussed in the media, or doing a regular sweep of stories that are making headlines in your community.
What's inside: Everything from the Conversation Summary template, plus additional explanations about Zencity, our data collection methodology, and what the metrics included in the report mean.
Great for: Sharing Zencity-generated data with external stakeholders, like council members or the mayor's office, and making the report accessible to read.
Social Media Performance Report
What's inside: The widgets you see in the Reporting Analytics tab.
Great for: Presenting the metrics of your publishing accounts over a specified period of time.
More Zencity templates are coming soon! In the meantime, if there’s a report you need to regularly create, you can set up your own report template, or chat us below so we can explore creating a template that suits what you have in mind.
How to create a report based on an existing Zencity template
Go to the dashboard you are interested in: your general organic dashboard, a specific organic project, the News Feed, or the Publishing Analytics tab.
- Click the "Create Report" button in the top right corner.
- When clicking on "Create Report" from the News Feed, you will automatically be directed to the "News Brief" template, and when clicking on "Create Report" from the Publishing Analytics tab, you will automatically be directed to the "Social Media Performance Report" template. Skip ahead to step 6!
- Choose 'One-Off Report.' Note that the Zencity templates are not available under 'Recurrent Report Template' or from reports that are started from the "Create" button within the Reporting tab.
- Toggle on "Apply current dashboard filters" at the top right to apply the filters from the dashboard you were starting from in step 1. For instance, the date/timeframe filters and any other filters that you applied in the dashboard will be carried over to the visualizations included in the report.
- Select the relevant template under Zencity Templates. See the section above to learn about which template might be right for you.
You’ll land in a rich text editor. There you can arrange sections with drag-and-drop, remove sections you don’t want, add in additional widgets and items, adjust the font, and insert notes, images, or links until the report appears just the way you want. Changes are saved automatically.
Once you’re finished editing, use the buttons at the top right to download the report as a PDF or publish it to your Report Library.