With our new and improved Report Builder, it is easier than ever to compile, edit, and share polished, professional reports incorporating data from across the platform, in just a matter of minutes. Navigate to the Reporting tab from the platform's lefthand navigation menu - or click the "Create Report" button wherever you see it in the platform - to get started!
Report Creation Process
A report can be started from scratch, from one of our existing Zencity templates, or from your own saved reporting template. You can start creating a report by clicking the "Create" button at the top of the Reporting tab, or anywhere in the platform where you see a "Create Report" button (including at the top of your main organic dashboard or a specific project dashboard, at the top of the Publishing Analytics tab, or the "Build PDF Report" button at the top of an engagement's Results & Analysis tab).
TIP: To create your own reporting template, select the "Recurrent Report Template" option to get started. Otherwise, select "One-Off Report." The Zencity templates, as well as any custom templates you have created, are available to you under the "One-Off Report" option, in addition to the option to start from scratch (a blank page).
In the report builder, you can easily add data visualizations/widgets, upload your own images, and format the text to fit your needs. Don't worry about losing your work -- changes are automatically saved! If you need to come back later, you can find your draft report in the Reporting tab under Drafts.
From a Draft report, you can click on the options at the top right to:
- Download as PDF
- Publish to Reporting (this makes your report visible to all users in your organization within the Published section of the Reporting tab).
What Can I Include in a Report?
Click the "+ Add Data" button at the top left of the Report Builder to expand or hide the "Add Data" sidebar.
This sidebar houses all of the data available to you from across all of your active products. This includes:
All widgets you're used to seeing on your organic dashboard or within specific organic project dashboards can be added to a report. Individual stories (social media posts, news articles, broadcast media items, and Google Reviews) may also be added to a report.
- Conversation Snapshot (a bundle of widgets)
- This includes the "Volume of interactions" and "Sentiment Analysis" widgets
- What residents are talking about (a bundle of widgets)
- This includes the "Most popular topics" and "Popular words" widgets
- Where the conversation is happening (a bundle of widgets)
- This includes the "Channel Breakdown" and "Source breakdown widgets
- Dashboard widgets (each individual widget mentioned above can be added to the report on its own)
- Volume of Interactions
- Sentiment Analysis
- Most popular topics
- Popular words
- Channel Breakdown
- Source breakdown
- Stories (individual data items from your organic dashboard)
All widgets available in the Publishing Analytics tab can be brought into a report.
- Dashboard widgets
- Engagement Rate
- Interactions breakdown
- Insights (full insights that are published to your Insights Feed by Zencity Analysts)
The survey results that are available to you within the Community Survey's Summary and Analysis tabs can be added to a report.
- Dashboard Widgets
- Overall Satisfaction Chart
- Overall Satisfaction Text
- Word Cloud
- Choices Question Chart (eg. bar charts)
- Cross Tabs (visualizations displaying question results by demographic groupings)
- Questionnaire Table (table displaying the survey's questions and answer options)
All question visualizations (eg. bar charts, pie charts, map pin drops) that are available to you within the engagement's Results & Analysis tab can be added to a report. In an upcoming release, open-ended responses will be available to add.
- Question Results