- Ensure you are logged in to Zencity Engage
- Only users with ‘Owner’ or ‘Builder’ or ‘Contributor’ status are able to add content to an engagement.
As an engagement administrator, sometimes you may wish to add a
document/presentation image content to a text block instead of as a
separate block of image content (for example, to show a visual of a
presentation inside of an accordion or table rather than as a separate
block of content or as a Supporting Document link on the Project Hub).
Zencity Engage's use of
its long text block opens up a large array of possibilities for
formatting, beyond the simple buttons included in our Markdown text
editor. While more advanced, customizations like inserting images into
text blocks can be accomplished by using a number of Zencity Engage
features in tandem:
1. Ensure you are logged in to Zencity Engage.
2. Navigate to your project page and select the project you want to add content to.
3. Upload the document or presentation into the documents area of your project hub (see https://help.zencity.io/hc/en-us/articles/7387115376529-Adding-a-document-to-a-project for a full set of instructions to upload a document).
4. Right click on the file you've uploaded on the public-facing view of the project hub and copy the Link Address (the menu option may be slightly different on a different computer):
5. Return to your text (Markdown) field, and add the following image embed code at the place in the text block you'd like the image to appear, replacing 'alt_text', 'image_url_you_just_copied' with relevant values. You can also change the numbers in height="500px" width="500px" to reflect your desired size.
6. Here is an example. On the backend as an Admin you there will be various options on the content to change page, view, rotate, download, print etc.
On the frontend, the public will not see these options, they will see the view based on the options that you have chosen.
7. Do not remove the image from the supporting documents area, or the image will no longer display. If you need to be able to reference an image without having it appear on the project's document centre, you will have 2 options:
a) Instead of using the document centre for this project, upload the image to a different project (maybe a hidden one)
b) Upload the image to a different web site or web server