Kiosk mode allows an engagement to be completed more than once from a single browser. This may be helpful in situations where you want to have the engagement continuously open on a device in a public place, such as a community center or library, to minimize access barriers to participation and reach more community members. If kiosk mode is enabled, the last page of the engagement will automatically include a Restart button.
To enable kiosk mode:
- Ensure you are logged in to Zencity Engage.
- Navigate to your project page and select the project that the engagement belongs to. Click on the ‘Engagement’ tab and then select the engagement for which you want to enable kiosk mode.
Note: Your engagement must be in 'Draft' status for you to edit. You can change the status at the bottom of the 'Prepare for Launch' page.
- Locate the 'Repeat Participation' section towards the bottom of the 'Prepare for Launch' page.
- Uncheck the option "Discourage participants from providing multiple responses."
- Click 'Save' at the bottom of the page to save this setting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it mean if I do check off "Discourage participants from providing multiple responses?"
We use browser cookies to prevent repeat participation from the same internet browser. This mechanism also allows participants to leave the engagement and return to finish in more than one sitting (the engagement will open at the last page they left off).
Can I collect digital fingerprints and run kiosk mode at the same time?
Yes, you can enable the collection of digital fingerprints and run kiosk mode at the same time. However, if you do collect many responses from the same device, keep in mind the responses will be greatly reduced if you use a de-duplication filter on your results.