Only users with ‘Owner’ or ‘Builder’ status are able to
activate Auto Translate features.
- Language selections are on a per project basis, this means that different projects under the same Organization could use different languages. The selected languages for a project can then be enabled/disabled for each individual discussion topic.
Ensure you are logged in to your Zencity Engage account.
Navigate to your project page and select the project that you
want to edit a discussion topic on, click on the ‘Discussion
Topic’ tab and then select the discussion topic that you want to
Scroll to the bottom of the discussion topic edit screen where
you will see the ‘Language Options’ heading.
- Note: The languages available here are dependent on what you selected for the Multilingual feature on your Project Overview. You can turn on/off a language option for a public board on an individual basis.
6. If only English is selected (as above) you will not see the Auto Translate Heading. Select the languages you would like to Auto Translate to and click 'Save' in the bottom left hand corner.
7. Now the Auto Translate heading should appear.
Note: If the 'Run Auto-Translation' button is faded out (like below) this is because the Discussion Topic needs to be in 'Draft' mode. Change the Status at the bottom of the page under the 'Auto-Translation' section and click 'Save'. You will then see a blue banner with 'Discussion Topic Updated' at the top of the page.
8. When the Status is 'Draft' the 'Run Auto-Translation' button
should be dark blue.
9. At the top of the page you should also see that a grey box with 'Editing Language' with a language and dropdown arrow next to it has appeared. This is where you can select from your chosen languages to manually edit the content on those pages (e.g. if you want to correct something from the auto-translate). If you run auto translation and then edit or add additional content to the English version of your engagement, you will have to rerun auto translation so that the new content is translated into your selected languages.
10. Read through Auto-Translation notes before running the Auto-Translation.
11. When you are ready, click the 'Run Auto-Translation' button and a pop up box will appear asking you to select the languages you want to auto-translate. It will also ask you about Override Existing Translation options. Choose your preferred options, the 'Run-Auto-Translate' button will turn dark blue.
12. Click 'Run Auto-Translate' and a pop up box will appear stating
'Auto-Translate In Progress' and that in a few minutes you will
receive an email when it is completed. Click 'Return to Discussion
Topic Page' to go back to the Discussion Topic Overview.
13. Click 'Save' if you plan to leave the page. You will receive an
email when the Auto-Translation is complete. If there are any words
that could not be translated in any of the languages these will be
listed in this email next to the specific language. (These may often
be city names, numbers etc that do not translate.) Click 'Continue
editing' to return to the discussion topic.
14. When you are back on the 'Set Up' for the Discussion Topic, to
preview the public facing side make sure the discussion topic status
at the bottom of the page is 'Active', click 'Save' and then when
the 'Discussion Topic Updated Successfully' banner appears at the
top click on 'Preview' in the bottom right hand corner. A new tab
will open up with the Discussion Topic.
15. On the new tab, click on the language option in the top left
corner to change language. The default version is in English. Click
on the Language Option icon in the top left corner and select a
different language, wait one moment and the page will reload with
content appearing in your chosen language.