- Only users with ‘Owner’ or ‘Builder’ or ‘Contributor’ status are able to add a budget / allowance question to an engagement.
- All fields marked with an * on this page are mandatory.
- Ensure you are logged in to Zencity Engage.
- Navigate to your project page and select the project that you want to edit an engagement on, click on the ‘Engagement’ tab and then select the engagement that you want to edit.
Note: Your engagement will need to be in 'Draft' mode for you to edit. You can change the status at the bottom of the 'Prepare for Launch' page.
- Navigate to the ‘Build’ tab and on the left hand side select the page you would like to work on.
Note: You cannot do this on the 'Intro' or 'Last' pages.
- Scroll down the page until you see the ‘+ Add a Question’ button and click on it.
- You will see a list of options available to you, from these options click on the ‘Budget: Open Value’ button.
- Under the ‘Budget / Allowance Open Value’ heading, enter your question in the ‘Question’ field.
- In the 'Support/Instruction text' field, enter any text that will be helpful for community members.
- In the 'Unit' field, enter the unit that you want to measure in, ie: $, KMs, etc.
- In the 'Budget Cap' field, enter your what you want your budget to be capped at.
- In the 'Comparison Value Label' field, enter the value label that best fits with your question.
- For the 'Unit and Comparison Value Layout', you can either click the 'Display as Headers' checkbox or the 'Show for Each Line Item' checkbox. This will determine how it will be displayed to community members.
- In the 'Cap Type' fields, choose the option that best applies to your question.
- Fill out the 'Title' and 'Description' fields.
- Fill out the 'Minimum Value', 'Maximum Value' and 'Step Size' fields.
- Fill out the 'Default Value' field. This will will determine where the slider is defaulted to for community members.
- Fill out the 'Comparison Value' field if you would like a comparison to be displayed to community members.
- Check the 'Mandatory Option' if you want this item to be fixed. This means that community members will not be able to change the value for this specific option.
- To upload your image, click on the ‘Choose an image’ button.
- Select an image from the window that opens.
- Enter a brief description of the image that you used in the ‘Alt Text’ field.
- To add additional ‘Answer’ fields, click on the ‘+ Add Another Answer’ button and repeat the process.
- If you want your question to be required, select the 'Required' checkbox.
- To randomize your answers, select the 'Randomize Order of Answers For Each Respondent' checkbox.
- If you are navigating away from the page, remember to click the ‘Save’ button located at the bottom of the page.
A message will appear at the top of the screen that says ‘Updated Successfully’.
If you are staying on the engagement page to add or edit more content, remember to save your work when you have finished before you leave the page.
Article is closed for comments.