- Only users with ‘Owner’ or ‘Builder’ status are able to activate Auto Translate features.
- The Multilingual Capabilities must be activated on the Project Overview for Auto Translate to be available. If you need to do this go to this article: https://help.zencity.io/hc/en-us/articles/7387160048273-Multilingual-Feature-Activation
- Language selections are on a per-project basis, this means that different projects under the same Organization could use different languages. The selected languages for a project can then be enabled/disabled for each individual engagement/idea board by the Admin.
- Ensure you are logged in to your Zencity Engage account
- Navigate to the Menu in the top right-hand corner and select 'Projects'.
- Select the project that you want to use auto-translate on.
4. On the Project Overview tab, scroll to the bottom of the page where
you will see the 'Language Options' heading. If only English is selected
(as below) you will not see the Auto Translate Heading.
Note: The languages available for Auto-Translation will be what you selected for the 'Language Options' on your Project Overview. You can turn on/off a language option for an idea board on an individual basis.
5. Click the 'Manage Language Options' and a pop up box will appear with language options.
6. Select the languages you would like to Auto Translate, click 'Submit'.
7. You will then be returned on the 'Overview' page and you should see your selected languages. Ensure to click 'Save' in the bottom left hand corner if you have added any new content.
8. At the top of the page you should also see that a grey box with 'Editing Language' with a language and dropdown arrow next to it has appeared. This is where you can select from your chosen languages to manually edit the content on those pages (e.g. if you want to correct something from the auto-translate). If you run auto translation and then edit or add additional content to the English version of your engagement, you will have to rerun auto translation so that the new content is translated into your selected languages.
8. Now the Auto Translate heading should appear.
Note: If the 'Run Auto-Translation' button is faded out (like below) this is because the Idea Board needs to be in 'Draft' mode. Change the Status at the bottom of the page under the 'Auto-Translation' section and click 'Save'. You will then see a blue banner with 'Idea Board Updated' at the top of the page.
9. Read through Auto-Translation notes before running the Auto-Translation.
10. When you are ready, click the 'Run Auto-Translation' button and a
pop-up box will appear asking you to select the languages you want to
auto-translate. It will also ask you about Override Existing Translation
Note: If you are not sure which email you are logged in with, close the box and click on the Menu button in the top right-hand corner of the page, your Account details, with email and role will appear below the menu options.
11. Select the languages you wanted, scroll down and click 'Run Auto-Translate'. The following pop up box will appear. Click 'Return to Project Page' to go back to the Project Overview page
12. Click 'Save' if you plan to leave the page. You will receive an
email when the Auto-Translation is complete.
13. When you have received the email it will list any words it was unable to translate and will give you the option to 'Continue Editing' to go directly back to the Project.
14. When you are back on the 'Project Overview' page for the project, to view the public-facing side make sure the project status at the top of the page is 'Active', click 'Save' and then when the 'Project Updated Successfully' banner appears click on 'View' in the bottom right hand corner.
15. A new tab will open with the public facing side of the Project Update. The default version is in English. Click on the Language Option icon in the top right and select a different language, wait one moment and the page will reload with content appearing in your chosen language.